Links to external websites
Do you run another sailing club? We’re interested in discussing affiliation with you, opening both club’s members to a wider range of events. Contact Simon Jackson
- A wide range of marine forecasts and warnings, provided by the Met Office
- Brilliant weather forecast visualisations, with data from the three main weather models; check out their mobile apps for Android and iOS too!
- Current weather at Bramble Bank, in the middle of the Solent
- Lots of weather related info, compiled by Frank Singleton; an excellent reference
- Tides for the next seven days at Portsmouth (Dover and other ports available), from the UK Hydrographic Office
- Tide times for today, tomorrow and this week at Portsmouth (Dover, your location and other ports available), from Tideschart.com
- Useful reference to the Solent and Isle of Wight Tidal Streams, based on HW Portsmouth
- Southampton vessel traffic service (VTS) operated by ABP, with lots of useful information
- Information from the King’s Harbour Master (KHM) in Portsmouth, including port information, regulations and notices to mariners
- Navigation charts provider, with an excellent free online service and downloadable apps.
The links on this page will take you to external websites which are not under the control of DHSC, and we accept no responsibility for their content or offerings.
Affiliated clubs have a reciprocal agreement in place with the DHSC, further extending the events programe available to both clubs’ members.
Other useful links?
If you know of other websites that may be useful to sailors, let me know so we can share them here.